- 1 Benefits Of Using A Homemade Coffee Scrub
- 1.1 Detoxification
- 1.2 Check our bestsellers!
- 1.3 Reduces Inflammation And Puffiness
- 1.4 Exfoliator
- 1.5 Improves Circulation
- 1.6 Stops Cellulite Temporarily
- 1.7 Aromatherapy
- 1.8 Anti-Ageing Catalyst
- 1.9 Packed With Antioxidants
- 1.10 Minimizes Dark Circles
- 1.11 Some Homemade Coffee Scrubs
- 1.12 Cellulite Eliminating Body Scrub
- 1.12.1 Ingredients 1 cup coffee grounds 1/2 cup white or brown sugar 1 cup coconut oil
- 1.12.2 Directions Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly. After you’ve washed your body, massage the scrub onto wet skin for about 60 seconds per area, where you’re targeting cellulite, then rinse with warm water.
- 1.13 Exfoliating Face Scrub
- 1.13.1 Ingredients 3 tbsp coffee grounds (new, if possible) 1 tbsp natural oil of your choice: olive, grape seed, coconut, or almond 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1.13.2 Directions Mix all dry ingredients, and then add oil. Based on the kind of scrub consistency you want, add more or less brown sugar. Massage onto your face in gentle, circular motions, and then rinse with warm water.
- 1.14 Face Mask
Benefits Of Using A Homemade Coffee Scrub
Sure, most of us have experienced coffee’s ability to make groggy mornings better, but your morning brew can give your skin a natural boost, too! Coffee is incredibly effective as a natural beauty product.In this article, let’s talk about Benefits Of Using A Coffee Scrub!
Applied to the skin, the caffeine absorbed into your bloodstream has a chemical reaction with skin cells and as a diuretic. Its texture provides an added benefit for scouring and massaging your body.
Combined with other natural ingredients such as salt, coconut oil and essential oils, coffee scrubs can be used daily to produce lasting effects of tighter, smoother skin by improving circulation. Read on to know the Benefits Of Using A Coffee Scrub!
Here are just some benefits of coffee scrubs:
The antioxidants in coffee clean your body of chemical toxins and other impurities, encouraging growth of skin cells. Used regularly, the cleansing process can help you feel better and be healthier without having to use expensive and chemical-heavy alternatives.
Antioxidants prevent against free radicals, molecules that can cause harm to our blood vessels and may enhance the onset of cancer. Free radicals can be released when our bodies are processing food, burning sugars, or breaking down elements in medicines.
This is one of the Benefits Of Using A Coffee Scrub!
Check our bestsellers!
Booty Bath Sets
Reduces Inflammation And Puffiness
The caffeine in coffee constricts blood vessels just beneath the skin, helping to reduce swelling, inflammation and redness. Good news for all of us that wake up with puffy eyes from a late night out or lack of sleep.
A study from the University of Tennessee in 1978 and another by Seoul National University in 1981, both confirm caffeine’s ability as an anti-inflammatory substance in medical treatments.
The rough, granular texture of coffee is perfect for scouring away dead skin cells. Combined with salt and your favourite oil – argan, jojoba, coconut, almond or olive – use coffee with a sponge to scrub your body, getting rid of dry, flaky skin and leaving new soft, smoother skin behind.
Do this daily and see the benefits after a few weeks. The longer you leave skin to grow when it’s tough and dry, the longer it will take to get rid of it and uncover new skin. This is one of the Benefits Of Using A Coffee Scrub!
Coffee helps activate the blood vessels by dilating them and causes your heart rate to quicken. This pumps blood faster throughout your body, helping circulation.
The amount absorbed into your bloodstream through coffee scrubs is perfect for stimulating oxygen flow but without any harmful effects of drinking too many cups of coffee.
If you have a long day at the office, looking at a computer screen or sitting in meetings, scrub your muscles near the lymph nodes and upper thighs in the shower daily to stimulate extra circulation. It will also feel like a self-applied massage to relax you.
Stops Cellulite Temporarily
Massaging your skin can prevent varicose veins as well as prevent cellulite. While it is not a holistic solution – cellulite cannot be resolved entirely and exercise also plays a part – caffeine and the texture of coffee can exfoliate the cellulite area to get rid of toxins and leave skin softer, smoother and tighter.
Be aware that coffee scrubs can only stop the appearance of cellulite, and superficially stimulate the cells just under the skin, but not actively target the cause of it. This is one of the Benefits Of Using A Coffee Scrub!
Apart from that caffeine hit you get from drinking coffee, giving you an Adrenalin rush and extra energy, the smell of coffee is known to have equally stimulating effects on one’s mood.
A research report that tested the effects of the aroma of high quality Colombian coffee on rats, showed that it relieved stress induced by lack of sleep.
It activated the genes that are associated with paying attention, oxidation, cellular communication and energy processing.
While humans are physiologically different to animals in some ways, these results demonstrate that just the smell of coffee can help to wake you up, make you more alert, and even assist dealing with stress.
So before you gulp down your espresso, take the time to deeply breathe in the scent of coffee and get a dose of free aromatherapy to get you started for the day.
The antioxidants in coffee don’t only help with cleansing the body of toxins, but also prevent against ageing. Apart from fruits and vegetables, coffee can be a good source of antioxidants to prevent against diseases such as Alzheimer’s, some cancers and eyesight degeneration.
Important antioxidants include Vitamin C and E, selenium, and flavonoids (commonly found in fruit, teas, and red wine).
So when you’re applying the coffee scrub to your skin every day, you’re not only getting the benefit of smoother skin, but helping your overall health inside as well as out, and prolonging the onset of ageing. This is one of the best Benefits Of Using A Coffee Scrub!
Packed With Antioxidants
Coffee is rich in polyphenols, a group of antioxidants also found in foods like berries, tea, chocolate, and wine. In addition to giving these foods their vibrant and deep colors, these substances work to fight free radicals and slow down the process of aging due to DNA damage.
As a bonus, they have also been shown to help protect against ultraviolet radiation and slow down aging of the skin caused by heavy sun exposure.
Interestingly, a study ranging from America to Poland, Spain, France and Japan report that coffee is the single biggest source of dietary antioxidants in their diets.
So enjoy that second cuppa without guilt (as long as it’s early in the day, so you’re not interfering with your sleep, of course), and don’t forget to slather on some of those antioxidant-packed granules.
Minimizes Dark Circles
Caffeine steals the show once again when it comes to dark circles under the eyes. Studies have shown that topical applications of caffeine “increase the micro-circulation of blood in the skin,” effectively pushing along stagnant blood from dark, tired eyes.
However, if you’re going to apply coffee as an eye-opener, you may want to do it in the morning, as caffeine can be absorbed into circulation through the skin, possibly affecting sleep. This is one of the best Benefits Of Using A Coffee Scrub!
Some Homemade Coffee Scrubs
- An exfoliating scrub rich in coffee, coconut oil and raw sugar has many health benefits to your skin such as:
- The caffeine found in coffee scrubs typically increases blood flow, and may reduce the appearance of cellulite and give your skin a more even tone.
- Coconut oil is a great skin softener and helps you do away with dry and hard skin conditions.
- Coconut oil can delay the appearance of wrinkles and sagging of skin which normally accompany aging and it keeps the skin’s connective tissues strong, which prevents sagging and wrinkles.
- Coconut oil also helps in preventing premature aging and degenerative diseases due to its well-known antioxidant properties.
- Sugar contains glycolic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid that is crucial for maintaining healthy skin. The natural glycolic acid in sugar not only helps condition and moisturize skin, but protects it from harsh toxins.
- 5-6 used coffee pods (can use the equivalent in ground coffee or instant)
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Open the coffee pods and scrape the grounds out
- Melt the coconut oil slightly to a semi solid consistency
- Mix the coffee grounds and raw sugar together and then add coconut oil bit by bit to get the consistency – It should be combined but slightly crumbly
- The mixture should firm up once the coconut oil cools
- Pour into an airtight container
- It gets messy so use in the shower or put an old towel down!
- Wet your skin and then turn off the shower or jump out of the bath
- Starting at your feet, apply the scrub and rub into the skin in circles, spend more time on stretch marks or cellulite areas. Use a pressure that feels firm but not too hard as you don’t want to irritate the skin
- Once its been applied all over, let it dry on your skin for 5-10mins to absorb
- Rinse off in the shower – If you have oily skin you might want to wash using your usual soap/body wash, otherwise if you just rinse it off you will be left with a bit of coconut oil residue that will not do your skin any harm
- Experts say that you should only exfoliate your skin up to 3 times a week
Cellulite Eliminating Body Scrub
It’s been tried and tested, and while it’s hard to completely eliminate cellulite, this body scrub works particularly well.
The properties in coffee have been found to help diminish the look of cellulite, and the added benefit of coconut oil in the recipe will keep your skin moisturized and super-smooth. This is one of the best Benefits Of Using A Coffee Scrub!
1 cup coffee grounds
1/2 cup white or brown sugar
1 cup coconut oil
Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly. After you’ve washed your body, massage the scrub onto wet skin for about 60 seconds per area, where you’re targeting cellulite, then rinse with warm water.
Pro tip: Use a tub stopper in your shower while using this scrub, as you’ll need to remove it from your shower and get rid of the waste in a regular garbage can as opposed to your shower drain, which can become clogged.
Exfoliating Face Scrub
We all need a good exfoliator, so why not choose one with natural properties to buff all those pesky lines and dry skin?
A coffee scrub will help to eliminate dead skin while working with your body’s natural renewal process to produce new skin cells, which creates the glowing effect everyone wants.
3 tbsp coffee grounds (new, if possible)
1 tbsp natural oil of your choice: olive, grape seed, coconut, or almond
1 tbsp brown sugar
Mix all dry ingredients, and then add oil. Based on the kind of scrub consistency you want, add more or less brown sugar. Massage onto your face in gentle, circular motions, and then rinse with warm water.
Adding coffee into a morning face mask will rejuvenate and keep your skin glowing all day long. It’s loaded with antioxidants, which help to eliminate toxins from your skin. This is one of the best Benefits Of Using A Coffee Scrub!